Tuesday, March 18, 2008

JESUS IS BETRAYED BY A FRIEND

Isaiah 53:3 "He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering."

Psalm 55:12-13 "It was not an enemy insulting me, I could stand that. It was not someone who hated me. But it is you, a person like me, my companion and good friend. We had good friendship and walked together in God's temple."

Luke 22:4 "And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus."

Matthew 26:22 "While they were eating, He said, 'I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me.' The disciples were sad and said, 'Surely not I, Lord."

MAN OF SORROWS', WHAT A NAME

'Man of Sorrows' what a name, For the Son of God who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim, Hallelujah, what a Savior!

Betrayed by a friend--betrayed by one who had followed Him, who had seen His miracles, heard Him teach, felt His compassion. Even though we know Judas to be a dishonest greedy man, we ask ourselves, "how in the world could he have betrayed Jesus? Yet when Jesus confronted the disciples telling of the betrayal, they all asked, "Is it I?" We all can betray Him. How? When we choose the world instead of Christ. When we hear His Word, and refuse to believe, we too betray Him. How this must break His heart.

Things to Ponder

1. Do I believe in Jesus, yet live my life as if I didn't? Then I betray Jesus.

2. Do I truly believe Jesus as my Savior? Have I just "joined the church, and been baptized" and have not had real salvation experience? Then I have betrayed Jesus.

3. Do I break the heart of the Savior by willingly choosing to live a life that is not pleasing to Him?

We all have a choice to live a life of faith, or a life of betrayal. -jl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, in deed. I repent and keep sinning ! will there ever be enough GRACE for me?

Anonymous said...

p.s. I love JESUS!