Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Help to Apply Psalms 120-122

PSALM 120
"Woe To Me"
When we find ourselves in distress, there are three responsibilities to fulfill if our burdens are to become blessings.
1. We Must Pray (vv.1-2)
2. We Must Trust God (vv.3-4)
3. We Must Patiently Endure (5-7)

PSALM 121
"The LORD Your Keeper"
Everything in the heavens and on earth bears witness to the Great Creator who is also our Heavenly Father, so why should I fear?
1. My Father's Creation Is Before Me (vv.1-2)
2. My Father's Eyes Are Upon Me (vv.3-4)
3. My Father's Presence Is Beside Me (vv. 5-6)
4.4. My Father's Care Is Around Me (vv.7-8)

PSALM 122
"The Peace of Jerusalem"
The Kind of Heart a Pilgrim Needs to Please God In Worship:
1. A Heart For God (vv.1-2)
2. A Heart For Praise (vv.3-5)
3.3. A Heart For Prayer (vv. 6-9)

Outline by Warren Wiersbe from his study on the book of PSALMS.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Wow, Jennie, that Warren is deep! I appreciate the outlines, I was really struggling, especially with Psalm 120. All I had was "Woe is me! It is time to move on from here." I'm not sure I would ever have taken anything very spiritual from our first Psalm of Ascent without you and Warren diggin deep and sharing the wealth. Thanks for all you do. It is reassuring to know that God intends to move me with music and it is not just some freaky wiring on my insides. There is nothing that reaches the deepest parts of my soul like song. What a great God we have!