Thursday, January 24, 2008

Winter Morning

Ladies,

Hope you have had a great day with the Lord. I visited my daughter Beth and grandchildren in Southaven. I always enjoy the trip up there and back because it gives me some quiet time, which I rarely have any more.

With my thoughts on Day 3, The Lord Our Keeper (who is also the Great Creator), I had a wonderful time just looking at God's creation as I was coming back this morning. The sun was shining brightly; then a huge cloud began to cover it causing rays to spread over the eastern sky. It was just beautiful. "The Heavens declare the glory of God". Psalm 19:1

I was also reminded of something Ruth Bell Graham said about the trees in winter. She said without their leaves, they look like they have their arms lifted up to their Creator in prayer.

What a picture for us on our journey. In the midst of the winter of our souls, we are to strip ourselves of anything that hinders us from reaching our destination. Then we are to lift our hearts to our Heavenly Father who hears us when we cry out to Him.

When we do this, He reveals His Glory. The picture I saw this cold winter morning was My Father, spreading his arms around His creation, and Me.

- jl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this will be so neat, our own little blog! How precious you two are, Marilyn & Jennie. Thanks for the inspiration and beautiful word picture - it will change how I view trees from now on. Bless you!
-Samantha

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled about this study and the blog will be such an added bonus!! Have a wonderful day in Christ's love! Tricia Robbins

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am so impressed and so thankful for you both!! I am so loving this study and am so grateful for the friendships that are shared in this group. God is good and I am so blessed to be a part of this amazing time with Him and you all.
Jan Carpenter