Monday, February 18, 2008

Dear Friends

Just wanted to share some of my thoughts with you from week four, A Fruitful Vine. Many of you are aware of my recent divorce after 19 years of marriage. Well, it is not so recent anymore. It will be a year on February 28. WOW, that is hard to believe. This past week was very meaningful to me because I could see myself and my situation right in the middle of it. On day two, Enjoy the Blessing, Beth spoke words that I remember speaking so often in the early days of my separation. I spoke these words and on many days these words were what got me through the day. I would often say, "God is not ALL that I have, but WHAT I have!" PRAISE HIM!!!!!

As I worked through this particular day, Beth wrote this: "Blessedness describes the condition of a person who reveres God, steeps her life in Him and follows His ways. She looks to Him in every matter. HE'S NOT JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF HER LIFE. HE IS HER LIFE."

I pray that I will never, ever forget or diminish the fact that..... HE IS WHAT I HAVE!!!!

Forever grateful,
Jan Carpenter

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's powerful. Unfortunately we do have to go through those trials to realize He is what WE have! I, too, pray that we will never forget that! Love, Tami

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you Jan for such a precious reminder!!!! You have been such a beautiful testimony of God's grace throughout this past year. To all your friends, it is obvious that HE IS YOUR LIFE!!! I love you! Emma Kate

Samantha said...

Jan, thank you for sharing from your heart the goodness of our God even as we walk through unbearable hardships and distress. I often wonder how those who do not know Him even survive. But you, you have passed through your fire and been made even more beautiful from the flames. Thank you for showing us His glory through your life.

Anonymous said...

As Samantha has said you have passed thru the fire and been refined as silver for HIS glory. It is said the silversmith leaves the raw silver in the fire to purify until HE can see his reflection in the product. I am sure God has seen His reflection in your life. I know how hard all of this can be, but what a wonderful testimony on the other side of pain. God richly bless and keep you. Linda

Anonymous said...

JAN I thank God for you. You are so honest and couragous
well you can tell i cant spell butt i mean it toatally